Wednesday 28 April 2010

Things that make me happy

  1. Say hello or smile at strangers on the street when our eyes meet. Even better when they reply!
  2. Smell the fruits that I pick to the grocery store.
  3. Feeling my face flooded with sunshine.
  4. Take a slow walk in the woods, and look at and smell the flowers.
  5. Hug a tree and (kind of) make it feel that I am grateful for its contribution.
  6. Observe some little free animals in the nature. Even better when I imagine that we are communicating!
  7. Hug my brother.
  8. Hold my little niece in my arms, close to my heart, and dance gently, as a cradle.
  9. Discover and enjoy a new very tasty meal.
  10. Having both feet into a river, sitting on a rock, listen to nature...and, again, be flooded with sunshine.
  11. Listen to moving music, without doing anything else at the same time, just sitting relax, with eyes closed.
  12. And, of course, this blog. :)

To be able to enjoy that first point, I first had to force myself to look at strangers, and still sometimes, but I like the way this helps me to slowly get rid of my shyness, which makes me feel much more lighter! This also sometimes brings me to connect with some people that I would not even noticed before, like neighbors, the mailman and whoever else. There are even some days where I can notice that it has made a difference for them, that they are grateful for this, as much as I am. Thus, this last thing helps me to continue to do the effort.

ENJOY YOUR DAY! SMILE!
THINK ABOUT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, AND DO YOUR BEST TO DO IT AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment