Tuesday 11 May 2010

Thank you, dearest friends!

Here are 2 short stories of things I recently did with two friends of mine. The stories and the two friends are - in a way - related, even if they don't know this much each other yet.

THE TONIGHT SUPPER.
Tonight, a great friend of mine came to my place for supper AND, in all of his generosity, to do me the favor to settle another computer for me and my roomate, since I have broke the laptop...

I first met this friend when I was a teenager, in a visit to my youngest brother's place. We came closer friends about 2 years ago, when I started to go much more often to my brother's place and started to do camping with them all in the summer. We found that we had much in common and much to share.

Tonight again, we shared much and had fun. I appreciate those moments.

THE OTHER NIGHT SUPPER...
AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LAPTOP.
Last Friday night, my roomate and I were having a super great, inspirational conversation, after we had a yummy supper together - two things that are now rare for more than a month, since she is very busy at her woodworking school - when I suddenly accidentally spilled my glass of wine on her laptop.

There followed a frantic race to mop up the liquid as quickly as possible between each keys. Then the longest waiting moment of my life, to see what would happen... A dark shade was making its way into the screen... I know: we should simply have turned it off BEFORE, but we innocently thought that we did it quickly enough, so that everything would be okay. But no: the final shut down happened by itself.

The bewilderment and guilt are taking me, as I look up to watch at my roomate. Almost as distraught as me, she doesn't say a word. No daggers in her look, no swearing words, nothing. As calmly as possible, she finally just said "Okay, let's leave it dry for a while, we'll see tomorrow, and wish it will be fine".

TO END IT UP.
Since Saturday, the laptop is lying opened at my other friend's place - the first mentioned in this post - with fans oriented on it, to dry. And since there, I am grateful everyday that my secondly mentioned friend - my roomate - don't make me feel too guilty for this.

Thank you, Pete and Claude-Emilie, for being such good friends, generous and patients. Our friendship has a very high importance to me. I hope I let you know it quite often.
I LOVE YOU BOTH, DEAREST FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment