Thursday 4 November 2010

Dona Nobis Pacem

Hey there, fellow humans of my heart!

Today is the BlogBlast For Peace 2010, a very special day where bloggers from all around the world are thinking and blogging about PEACE. BlogBlast For Peace is an annual event launched by Mimi Lenox in 2006, with her own pledge for peace. This year, up to 50 countries and more than 300 bloggers are participating.

I missed the worldwide blogging day about WATER, ‘cause I wasn’t aware of that type of event. But now, I have no excuses, and I am definitely jumping into this with a wide smile and so much pleasure!

There is no doubt, I feel extremely lucky and blessed to live in such a peaceful country. I can walk in the streets with my earpieces in and enjoy good music without fear of getting surprised by a man thirsting for revenge because one has taken everything of him. And I can go to bed in peace and dream all night long because I am not afraid that my neighborhood and my home will be burnt and destroyed. A bomb will not explode. I am not only lucky that I can barely imagine how it could feel, but I also am because I will never live it.

Today, I have a special thought for those who work at this very moment in some countries facing with serious conflicts and who give their lives to bring some happiness to people in need. Here is a very simple montage I made so that I can see this peace that I am dreaming of, without having to close my eyes.

PEACE. A MIX OF GOOD MANNERS, LOVE AND COMPASSION, ALL OMNIPRESENTS.

I wish the day will come that people from all around this beautiful globe will put aside all of their differences. Their beliefs, their political and religious affiliations. Put it all aside -or no, better: embrace each other’s differences- and walk hand in hand. I can see it in my dreams. It is right there, at only one step to where we are all standing right now.



Here is my hand, take it. I want to bring you into my dream. Can you see it? I know your heart is beating to make it real. Let’s radiate that love we have inside, and let’s us create this world free of conflicts we are all dreaming of.

And since love is necessary for peace, let me share once more with you this awesome video that I never have enough of!

Yaaay! Blog for peace today, you still have time for! Much love to you all!
DONA NOBIS PACEM. GRANT US PEACE.

11 comments:

  1. La diversité et l'amour... comme c'est beau!

    Wonderful post Marie-Eve!

    Namaste

    ☮ & ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I count my blessings every day and, in turn, offer them to those wanting, needing or simply open to them - in whatever way I am able. Yes … give love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from the Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by, ladies!

    Anndi: cheers to Quebec's positive blogging! Nous sommes presque voisines!

    You all can take whatever you want to on this blog and share it in the way you want to!

    Peace, Love, Happyness!
    (Yep, that's also a song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ixo5K2aTk&ob=av3e)
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you, wonderful person with a beautiful heart! You are putting forth so much that is positive into this universe and are helping to shift the global consciousness in everything you do. It is inspiring to have happened upon you through this wonderful peace movement.....keep shining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. Peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Here is my hand, take it. I want to bring you into my dream....beautiful!

    I loved your whole post...it is well written and thoughtful!

    Wishing you peace, happiness and harmony x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thank you all! So much love to each of you as well! Please, let me drop you off this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwzjSo5pj5Y

    SuperForest is a community of people from all around the globe that is spreading love and happiness. Our goal: change the whole world.

    These guys are my endless source of inspiration and smiles. Meet us up there! superforest.org.

    May the sun shine on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You did such a great job to put this all together! This really shows the full extend of this BlogBlast for Peace! So inspiring!
    Thank you, Annelisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely peace globe. Thank you for reminding me that we do have so much to be grateful for.
    Peace to you and yours
    One day, we will all realize the dream.

    Mimi

    You are #1986 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much, Mimi, for your kind words, and even more for having created this awesome opportunity for us to join our efforts and share such a good vision of peace and love.

    Yes, I DO believe into this day!
    May 2011 bring you much happiness and inspiration, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete